Monitoring and evaluation of development projects
Evaluation of development projects and programmes is essential:
- to know and evaluate the real effects of development actions;
- to learn from them and thus improve the quality and effectiveness of future decisions and actions;
- to account for and improve the efficiency of public spending and private contributions;
- to implement the beneficial effects on future projects;
- for the collective learning of the actors involved.
A monitoring and evaluation system must therefore be effective in order to provide the most reliable and accurate information possible to the various decision-makers, in particular project and project owners, financial partners and beneficiaries, and to guide actions so as to improve their effectiveness.
To this end, BDO supports the design and implementation of such monitoring and evaluation systems, including:
- identification of the necessary information and construction of relevant indicators;
- the development of tools and procedures that will allow the timely collection of information;
- the definition of processing procedures involving the actors;
- the definition of the methods of dissemination of the data once processed to the actors concerned.
BDO SA Côte d’Ivoire methodology aims to involve all stakeholders at all stages of the evaluation, so that it is truly a tool for capacity building.